Some Helen of Troy "OLD STYLE" curling irons have a large whole in the barrel and the spring prong installs inside the hole.
1. Unplug the curling iron.
2. Remove the curling iron stand by grasping one side of the stand and pulling outward and down under the iron; causing the stand to release. Careful not to bend the stand any further than necessary.
3. Remove the two small side screws from the curling iron handle with a philips #1 screwdriver. One screw for each side. Some curling irons have retaining pins that pop out as shown in the video above. Once they are removed the tensioner handle will fall off the iron.
4. Remove the broken spring by sliding it out of the hole.
5. Install the new replacement spring. You will have to squeeze the spring's two wires together to slide into the hole.
6. Re-attach the handle to the barrel and install the side screws or retaining pins. The handle will feel stiff when attaching; this is normal.
7. Re-attach the curling iron stand.
We are not responsible for damage to your curling iron or injury to yourself by purchasing our springs or following our spring replacement instructions.